Storage and I/O-Optimized Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
Delivering Outstanding Performance and Expandability
The Cisco UCS® C240 M4 Rack Server is our 2-socket, 2-rack-unit (2RU) rack server (Figure 1.) It offers outstanding performance and expandability for a wide range of storage and I/O-intensive infrastructure workloads, from big data to collaboration. The enterprise-class Cisco UCS C240 M4 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) portfolio in a 2RU form factor with the addition of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 product family, which delivers a superb combination of performance, flexibility, and efficiency.
The enterprise-class Cisco UCS C240 M4 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS portfolio in a 2RU form factor. Based on the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 and v3 series, it delivers an outstanding combination of performance, flexibility, and efficiency. In addition, the Cisco UCS C240 M4 offers outstanding levels of internal memory and storage expandability with exceptional performance. It delivers:
– Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs at speeds up to 2400 MHz for improved performance and lower power consumption
– Up to 6 PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 slots (4 full-height, full-length)
– Up to 24 small form factor (SFF) drives or 12 large form factor (LFF) drives, plus two (optional) internal SATA boot drives
– Support for 12-Gbps SAS drives
– A modular LAN-on-motherboard (mLOM) slot for installing a next-generation Cisco virtual interface card (VIC) or third-party network interface card (NIC) without consuming a PCIe slot
– 2 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet embedded LOM ports
Supports up to two double-wide NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPUs), providing a graphics-rich experience to more virtual users
– Excellent reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) features with tool-free CPU insertion, easy-to-use latching lid, hot-swappable and hot-pluggable components, and redundant Cisco® Flexible Flash (FlexFlash) SD cards.