Apple iMac 27-Inch All-In-One Desktop Computer Intel Core i5 3.3GHz Processor 8GB RAM 2TB Fusion Drive AMD Radeon R9 Graphics Mac OS X El Capitan or Mac OS Sierra MK482LL:
- 27″ Retina 5K IPS Display
- Whether your iMac is in your studio, living room, or kitchen, the display is the focal point. With a 5120 x 2880 resolution, the iMac with Retina 5K display features 14.7 million pixels, which allows for crisp, clear text and support for 4K photos and videos. The IPS panel allows for wider viewing angles so more people can enjoy the Retina 5K display without having to crowd around it.
- 6th-Gen Skylake Quad-Core Intel Core Performance
- The iMac houses a quad-core 6th-gen Skylake Intel Core i5 processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 3.3 GHz. It can also be overclocked up to 3.9 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 6th-gen Skylake Intel processor uses low voltage for better energy efficiency while still providing fast performance. Combined with 8GB of 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM, the iMac allows you to multitask quickly and efficiently.
- Impossibly Thin
- The iMac with Retina 5K display maintains its 5mm profile, which is up to 40 percent less volume than the 2011 iMac. Using an advanced welding method called friction-stir welding, Apple was able to join the front and the back of the iMac together directly.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
- With three-stream 802.11ac technology, the iMac takes desktop Wi-Fi speeds over the top. When it’s connected to an 802.11ac base station – including AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule (both sold separately) – you can reach data rates of up to 1.3 Gbps. That’s triple the previous 802.11n standard, which means you’ll get up to three times faster Wi‑Fi. You also get double the channel bandwidth, with 80MHz-wide channels providing more room for more data to flow faster than ever. Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Thunderbolt 2
- Expand the capabilities of your Mac. Connect high-performance peripherals. Transfer data at high speed. Even daisy-chain multiple devices. And the iMac with Retina 5K display has Thunderbolt 2, delivering twice the bandwidth – up to 20 Gbps – for fast data transfers. While the Thunderbolt 2 ports double as mini DisplayPorts, the iMac with Retina 5K display cannot be used as a standalone monitor like its predecessor. It can, however, be used simultaneously with an external display and can output up to a 5120 x 2880 resolution.
- USB 3.0
- With USB 3.0, you can transfer large files in seconds instead of minutes. Every iMac comes with four USB 3.0 ports – with speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 – and you can connect all your USB-compatible devices, including your iPhone, iPad, iPod or digital camera.